Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm having a race!

WCF: 200 transactions per second. That's about... 50000 times too slow. Ya, it's going to need to go pretty fucking fast if we're going to pay for it out of our own pockets (gulp).
Darkstar: ? (Says it's about behaviour not speed. Nevertheless I'm optimistic because of their in memory data store and - fingers crossed - seamless horizontal scaling).
Erlang OTP: Nuff said. Have to write the whole thing from scratch, but I can't think of a better friend along the way than Erlang.
Ejabberd: Mebbe. Seems to me that the messages are too big - we tend to rock somewhere between 30 and 200kb.
C# raw sockets: Benchmarking soon, only just finished it. Took longer than I expected, there was plenty of shittiness, and I'm going to have to experiment with some assembler jockey style way of flushing a byte[] instead of reallocating a new one.

Ready and set and go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment