Sunday, June 7, 2009

What do I fail at next?


So, that was fib. That's pretty much 'Hello, World!' for functional programming (except for Erlang, where hello world is a complete mapreduce algorithm outpacing everyone but google), so I need a project. Something stupid and inappropriate, I was thinking. Computer game?

Shit, why not? Why not build a platformer in lisp? It's got all the things I like:
I don't know how to do it.
I don't have time to do it.
It's probably a ludicrous choice.
It would make Paul Graham smile.

That's pretty much the rubric against which I assess all my new ideas, and it gets four big thumbs up. So here goes:

Tk or something.

Brb, learning Tk.

Nooo... I'm not learning Tk. I'll just use straight OpenGL instead for the moment. Here's an unmodified demo code:

No, here's a public failure to remember to publish my code. When I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment